Wednesday, March 31, 2010

36Boutiques

My latest consulting project has been very interesting and exciting indeed. That is not to say that all of my other projects are sadly boring. This project though, is a first in South Africa, which makes it very exciting indeed.

It has involved a new business called 36 Boutiques. Very simply the business model involves an online 36 hour sale of discounted branded merchandise. This sale is followed by another 36 hour sale involving another brand at discounted prices, and so it goes on. Access to these sales is by invitation only, which means that one of your friends needs to refer you. I could of course be that friend if you so wish!! It can be found at http://www.36boutiques.com/.

The first sale took place this Monday and involved a boutique by the name of Stefanie Morland. Presumably the prices were incredible if one considers that these are true couture garments. And yes, I have learnt a new word and have now used it in a sentence! Some really cool brands have been secured for sales in the near future...

It has been an incredibly exciting project with all of the pieces falling into place in this last week.

I have also met some interesting individuals. This project has opened my eyes to the fact that there are some truly incredible people outside of my old SAB corporation. More than that, I have learnt so much from some of these individuals that I am almost considering a reduction in my fee.

OK, that’s never gonna happen!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

where is my invite :)

Paul said...

Great blog Mark. You have kept us all in check and helped us though our most difficult times. I'm now your biggest fan. Thanks for being part of our team.