Friday, August 7, 2009

Extra, Extra

My 1956 Ford F100 has been sent in for a complete electrical rewire. Yesterday, I had the pleasure of agreeing the electrics with the man responsible for the piece of work. I can tell you that it was an exciting visit! Once the electrics are complete, we will be able to start the engine and drive the car, albeit whilst balanced on a bread crate!! Then we will be able to see what else needs to be fixed before moving on to the last stage, the interior upgrade. At long last, I can see some light with regard to this car...

The sea was also perfect yesterday, large swell without a breath of wind. Conditions unheard of here but resulting in beautiful smooth rolling waves. I could not help myself, those waves just lured me in! I had a fantastic surf and pulled off my first ever radical top turn. A tight turn at the very top of the wave, where the fins break free of the water. For any surfer out there, this is a non event, but it has been a hard long learning curve for me! For the first time in many years, I felt like a real surfer and not a fraud!

What a brilliant day, I even cracked some amazing work! And the weekend is still to come....

3 comments:

AngelConradie said...

Ha! Nice one dude!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Another Ford Fan? Awesome!!

Mark Eames said...

Gonna be really cool when it actually goes!! I think...