Monday, February 23, 2009

Smoking Hot



This morning, the world outside my window was bathed in shades of yellow and green. Whilst this may not be abnormal on planets outside of our galaxy, it was pretty strange for my eyes to behold. Ash floated gently and silently down like rain and settled on every surface. Rubbing my eyes, I suspected that this morning was going to be a little different!

More fires had raged through the night in the mountains causing this interesting start to the day. They casued a huge cloud of smoke and ash to hang over town. So thick that one could look at the sun and see it as a bright orange disc suspended in the sky. The view over the sea was bizzarre as I could sea sunlight in False Bay from under our very own cloud.


Those poor firemen have been fighting this one for four days. They have to be tired and ready for bed by now! Suddenly my Monday could only be brilliant regardless of the outcome!!!

No comments: