Sunday, October 30, 2011

Possibilities


The week ahead is a big one; so much is riding on it...

My wedding anniversary has snuck up on us again. This week marks the end of a wonderful 14 year walk through life, with my wife at my side. Also in her arms, and sometimes being dragged by my hair! Seriously, it has been an amazing adventure, and not one where I look back with longing and regret. Instead, I am sure in the knowledge of how blessed I am to walk these unknown paths of life together with Donna. I have absolutely desire to be young again, or richer than I am, instead am so happy and thankful for rich experiences and people who have coloured my existence.

Awestruck goes live this week! A project which has sucked up time over the last year. So much debate, planning, thinking, modelling, improved planning, agreements, and conversations, have been woven into this period. It has all come together in a fantastic web site which aims to create an on line Catholic community to inspire Catholics to act with love. It is ambitious, creative, out there, demanding, and if it works, highly fulfilling. It is hard to explain how important this launch is to me. A year of my time invested, and it all comes down to this week.

To make the week more exciting, I need to prepare for four training courses I have scheduled over the next three weeks. The course is titled Commercial Competence for Managers. Despite the dry nature of finance, we are going to have some fun, but in order to make the fun happen, I need to be oh so highly prepared. It is going to be tight to find enough time...

In between presenting my course to myself and my imaginary posse, I will be finalising the sale and movement of the two old ladies I sold last week. For anyone concerned, I am referring to two battered old Jaguars, who have found better owners. There is hope another old Jaguar of mine, currently undergoing a makeover, will hit the road running this week. Although, truth be told, I have been hopeful of this for the last 8 months.

So much to look forward to, I can barely wait. And did I mention there is some swell this week, so I may have to sneak off for a wave or two as well...

I like weeks filled to the brim with possibilities!

No comments: