Monday, December 13, 2010

Mothers and blogs

My children were frustrating me the other day. No surprise, it must be one of their principle roles in life...


The boys were operating at speeds slower than a snail with a limp. Fighting with each other at every moment. And seemingly requiring detailed instructions on absolutely everything, from talking properly to walking.

I was relating these issues to my mother and her comment was most unexpected!

She referred me to a blog I had posted ages ago, where I had whined about the same issues. She then quoted my insight which had been to let them do things in their time, instead of controlling every moment.

I was gobsmacked! Firstly, that I ultimately had good advice for myself, and that my mother pays that much attention to my blog!

I am back to setting broad boundaries and letting the boys get things done in their own time. And so far, it has relieved a heap of tension.

Gotta love your mother!

1 comment:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Mum's have memories like elephants!