Thursday, December 2, 2010

Love in the morning

I recently visited a mate in Johannesburg for a good chat. One of his sons mentioned something about car prayers and I pricked up my ears. My mate has 3 sons, all 13 years old, cool teenagers, and yet comfortable with the concept of prayer with their father on the way to school. I liked this a lot!

One of the problems with prayer is that unless you teach someone to pray, it really seems a little ilogical. As a Christian parent, I have a responsibility to ensure that my children can pray, and to guide them in their development in this area. It has of course been one of those areas that I have neglected, and hoped that they would just learn, like I did!

So about a week ago, I tried out car prayers on the way to school. My boys were totally enthusiastic, which I found rather surprising. Even more surprising were their beautiful prayers. Filled with love and concern for all of those around them! Driving to school for the last week has been a humbling experience as they have made car prayer time their own.

It would seem that I am now the one learning how to pray!

No comments: