Sunday, November 21, 2010

My baby girl

 

My daughter is one today. A whole year has passed since we were blessed with the presence of this amazing little person. And she does become more amazing every day.


It has been 6 years since the last baby pattered around here, and I now realise just how much I had forgotten. Luckily my wife forgets nothing and has special miracle baby powers. The last year has not been easy but it certainly seems to get easier by the day. I don’t think the work requirement of a toddler is any less than that of a baby but the smiles, expressions, and rate of learning provide their own reward.

Our first steps have been taken, two teeth have been popped out, many bumps and bruises gained, and an incredible vocabulary of which none of us can understand. I fear it is the latter that is going to be the most trouble in months and years to come!

After two boy boys, a daughter makes an interesting change. I suspect that I will only find out how interesting in time to come. Nonetheless, I am enjoying the role of dad to a daughter, and am a little surprised at how much!

So Happy Birthday my darling daughter, may your birthdays to come be filled with love and happiness.

And I look forward to all your attempts to wind me around your little finger...

No comments: