Thursday, October 28, 2010

and then there was nothing

I have not been blogging much since my climb.


Whilst walking, I would spend long passages of time planning my blog. Words would flow with careless abandon. Blogs would get written and rewritten in my mind. They would swirl and jostle for space, fighting for breath, for life of their own.


That was then. Now, life on the flat plain is fast, hectically fast. There is no time for contemplation, or even a moment for an outpouring of spirit. Instead, silence reigns where words once tumbled and played.
And so...


My body aches. Judo the definitive cause! This week has been ultra intense. Partly because two Korean Olympians have joined our club to assist with coaching and partly because my body is fighting back from a chest cold. Somehow I managed to resist being strangled to death, have my arms twisted off, and be body slammed through the floor. But only just! I know I am not dead, so surely I must be stronger for all of the abuse.


My sons think I am cool! Although not for my prowess on the matt but rather because I sweat so much! One must wonder...

My car, the beast, of which there are still no photographs, is running like a dream. I now am down to two short lists of things to be done. The terrible paint job is on neither of those lists as I have at last made peace with it. Regardless she charms people wherever I go. Yesterday a lady in her late seventies made my day when she stopped at a traffic light, got out of her car, came up to me and told me the beast was absolutely beautiful!

The Beast has developed a nasty habit of setting off car alarms with her deep rumble. My record has been three in a single parking garage. Oh she is fun!

I have some more car stories about other cars, but I will leave them for another day.

I have so enjoyed this time of writing. It is so sad that life is lived so fast. It really is so much fun when time stands still.

No comments: